This fund, created in memory of Pierre Leroux a founding member of LACIM, participates in providing scholarships to doctoral students in mathematics or computer science who wish to study in an research area covered by LACIM. As part of LACIM’s commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), this fund is designed to support students that meet for example the following requirements:
- Be a non-resident of Québec;
- Have a non-linear or atypical career path;
- To be part of an underrepresented or disadvantaged group.
1. First year internship. The student has to fulfill the requirement of Doctorat en mathématiques or Doctorat en informatique at UQAM and be supervised by a regular member at UQAM.
2. Support for year 2 to 4 of doctoral studies. The student has to be supervised by a regular member of LACIM.
Rules : The student has to be registered to the Doctorat en mathématiques or Doctorat en informatique at UQAM. The other rules are identical to the FRQNT bourses de doctorat program