Pierre Leroux doctoral scholarship at LaCIM
This excellence scholarship is intended for a non-resident of Quebec who wishes to pursue doctoral studies in mathematics under the direction of a researcher who is a regular member of LaCIM.
At most one scholarship will be awarded per competition. The competition is open once every two years.
Amount of scholarship: $20,000/year for three years, potentially renewable for a fourth year.
Starting date: beginning of doctoral studies.
Conditions of admissibility:
- Being a non-resident of Quebec.
- Fulfilling the admission requirements for a Doctorate in Mathematics or for a Doctorate in Computer science at UQAM
- Holding a master’s degree in mathematics, mathematical computer science, or equivalent by the beginning of the doctoral program.
- A cover lettter describing the candidate’s mathematical interests and giving the name of the intended supervisor (maximum two pages).
- A curriculum vitae (maximum four pages).
- Two letters of recommendation (at most one page each). These letters should be written by academics (professors, researchers, etc.) and sent by email to the LaCIM Secretary at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tous les relevés de notes officiels (originaux) de 1er cycle et de cycles supérieurs sans exception, le cas échéant.
- Official (original) transcripts for all previous undergraduate and graduate study. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that all the required components are sent, including the official (original) transcripts..
Next application deadline: April 2, 2018 by email at email@example.com. Results will be announced at the end of April. The awardee will then apply in the regular manner for admission to the doctoral program in mathematics at UQAM.
- The recipient must be registered in the doctoral program in mathematics or computer science at UQAM.
- The other rules are the same as the rules for the FRQNT doctoral scholarships